I want to kick-start my blog again and give folk who want to know insights into what and how I’m doing things. To that end, a short weekly blog post (inspired by Alan Page, Tim Ferris et al) fits the bill quite nicely and will hopefully pave the way to bigger things in due course.
- On Friday I was at Rob Lambert’s Communication Superpowers Workshop down in Winchester. Thoroughly recommended for anyone interested in taking some time out to work on their communication skills.
- I just finished reading Andy Weir’s latest novel Artemis. Weir wrote the super-massive hit The Martian and, if you enjoyed that, you won’t be disappointed by Artemis.
- I’ve been reviewing my notes from Cal Newport’s Deep Work, with a view towards more concerted implementation. I read the book some time ago, but I’ve found myself inspired to work more deeply as a result of some career changes and shifting personal/professional goals. More on this to come in due course I expect.
- I just started reading Jordan Petersons 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos as a result of this article in The Guardian. He just seems like a fascinating thinker. I’ll let you know my thoughts once I’m done.
- I watched The Shape of Water. There seems to be a bit of controversy about the content, but I loved it! Highly recommended.
- I listened to Catherine Hoke on the Tim Ferris podcast. Incredibly inspiring. Is there a program like hers in the UK? If there is, I’m considering volunteering.