- I loved this article from The Daily Stoic and in particular this quote from Epictetus:
Find significance within yourself. Within your own sphere of power–that is where you have the greatest consequence.
I like to think that focusing on work that matters to me and discovering significance within myself is exactly what I’m doing and speaking about in my various blogposts. Any form of influence that arises as a by-product is a bonus!
- Following on from my diary entry last week, tough conversations were had. This post, Four Things to do Before a Tough Conversation, appeared in my feed at just the right time! Did it help? Read this weeks entry to find out…
- Amidst those tough conversations, decisions also needed to be made about our current delivery workflow. This article helped me think through some ideas around limiting our WIP and this post forwarded to me by my awesome QA manager argued for the introduction of at least one additional swimlane.
- I didn’t quite get around to watching this yet, but it’s on my to view list: Tech Meets Aristotle: The Art and Craft of Public Speaking
- I thought this article from the Alpha team was pretty insightful, with some decent takeaways for me: Why do Product Managers Fail? Consider following it up with How to be a Great Product Manager, if you’re interested in the subject matter.