- I found myself looking at some stuff around Session Based Test Management last week. It’s the first time for a while I’ve really looked at anything around the technique and it was good to find some useful material, particularly around SBTM metrics, from Katrina Clokie. The article is getting on a bit (I left a comment back in 2014!), but it stands up pretty well for anyone trying to apply the technique and extract some useful analytics I think.
- Since I had some testing to do anyway, I decided to continue my SBTM (or exploratory testing) refresher by downloading Shmuel Gershon’s Rapid Reporter to my Mac for a bit of a test drive. I used RR oftentimes during my testing career and still love the simplicity and clarity of approach. Check it out here if you’re interested.
- I picked up the Extreme Ownership book from from ex Navy SEAL Jocko Willink. I’m feeling pretty good about the growth and direction of my team at Gurock as things currently stand, but I’m not planning on letting my own leadership skills stand still. I haven’t read it yet, but based on this podcast, Jocko has some interesting things to say regarding same. I’ll let you know how it is once I get around to reading it (final bullet refers).
- I also picked up Blockchain Revolution for a bit of a side project. More on that (the side project) in due course, but the book itself appears top of list on most best blockchain resources type blogposts, so I’m expecting good things.
- I’m on vacation for the next couple of weeks so there’s a strong likelihood I won’t write a musings post until I return. Hopefully by that point I should have caught upon my reading!